It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who get price comparisons will, in all likelihood, move their business because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who shopped around annually saved approximately $865 annually as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Cleveland is your target objective, knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Really, the only way to get budget Land Rover LR2 insurance in Cleveland is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who sell insurance in Ohio. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, gain an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important note is to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Cheapest companies for Land Rover LR2 insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The price information displayed below highlights estimates of policy rates for Land Rover LR2 models. Having knowledge of how insurance rates are formulated can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR2 HSE Luxury||$212||$428||$256||$16||$76||$988||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Cleveland which can change price quotes considerably.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Land Rover LR2 yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Land Rover LR2 insurance prices with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Land Rover LR2 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Score discounts on Cleveland insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known as well as the least known insurance savings.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
We need to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the amount you have to pay.
The example below shows the difference between Land Rover LR2 auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies who might offer these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not apply in Cleveland. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies who offer free Land Rover LR2 insurance quotes in Cleveland, click here.
Smart Buyers Save on Insurance
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the factors that help determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Your vocation and car insurance rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like lawyers, police officers, and emergency personnel are shown to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, historians and homemakers pay the least.
Younger drivers pay high premiums – Teen drivers in Ohio have been known to be less responsible when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and are generally more financially stable.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your Land Rover. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Type of car determines base rates – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are generally reserved for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below is based on a single male driver age 30, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Land Rover LR2 insurance premiums compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Incidental coverages can cost a lot – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for roadside assistance, towing, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. You may think they are a good idea initially, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Reserve insurance claims for larger damages – Insurance companies in Ohio provide the best rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Your insurance policy is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Females tend to cost less – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Males and females are in fender benders in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents so they pay the highest premiums.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Land Rover LR2 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss statistics a Land Rover LR2 – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Models that the statistics show to have higher losses will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the collected loss data for Land Rover LR2 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Land Rover LR2 Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR2 4dr 4WD 115 162 99BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local Cleveland insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Cleveland who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
Multiple types of car insurance agents in Cleveland
If you want a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Cleveland who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not sell for just one brand and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Cleveland willing to provide price quotes.
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
- Marsh Insurance
200 Public Square #100 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 937-1700 – View Map
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 531-5555 – View Map
Best car insurance in Cleveland
Finding the right car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Cleveland. The ranking data in the lists below can help you select which insurers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Cheap car insurance is out there
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or not issuing a premium refund. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Land Rover LR2 insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a small local company.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)