A recent insurance study revealed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Ohio could save approximately $730 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to shop around.
Really, the only way to find affordable quotes for Kia Spectra insurance in Cleveland is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
First, take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and a low credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates helps you find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Cleveland Spectra insurance quotes online, so you should also compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Ohio. To locate the best cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Spectra with a loan, almost every bank will force you to have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Spectra definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Six Tips to Get More Affordable Cleveland Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious like where you live and annual miles driven.
High premiums for teenage drivers – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations. Teen drivers have been known to be inattentive when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive your Kia every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than cars that get driven a lot. Double check that your auto insurance coverage reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. An incorrectly rated Spectra is just wasting money.
Vehicle features that lower auto insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
Liability insurance limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
Improve your credit score – Having a good credit history is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with bad credit. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Kia Spectra by improving your rating.
Job stress can make you pay more – Careers such as fire fighters, social workers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than average due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as actors, historians and retirees have lower than average premiums.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Kia Spectra to commute?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
In the end, you can save money
Cheaper Kia Spectra insurance in Cleveland can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When searching for low cost Cleveland car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 60 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)