Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland? Saving money on Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland can seem to be quite difficult for drivers new to online rate comparisons. With so many agents and companies, it can quickly become a real difficult job to locate the lowest price in Ohio.
A recent insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and almost half have never compared insurance rates at all. The average driver in Cleveland could save themselves nearly $700 a year, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched.
Cheap Cleveland insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Fiesta insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Cleveland car insurance quotes online.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Fiesta insurance in Cleveland.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Cleveland drivers who agree to allow companies to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Cleveland car insurance quote. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
As a sidenote, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, good student, teen driver, 55 and older, defensive driver, and driver training.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, newly retired, multi-policy, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, and multi-car.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland. To locate providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Cleveland, follow this link.
Affordable Cleveland Ford Fiesta insurance rate quotes online
Most companies allow you to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland can be done by anyone as you simply type in the coverages you want into a form. After you submit the form their quoting system automatically retrieves your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
Getting online quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland makes it simple to compare prices and it’s necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for affordable car insurance pricing.
To quickly find out what other companies charge, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Ohio. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance at a Discount
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Deter car thieves – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Liability protection is cheap – The liability section of your policy kicks in if you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Some car insurance companies apply discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying from different companies
- Responsible credit means lower rates – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history is low, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Fiesta by repairing your credit.
- Mature drivers save more – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and get fewer tickets. Young drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Raise deductibles and save – Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
Ford Fiesta insurance loss statistics – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fiesta vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is set at 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fiesta Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fiesta 96 91 73 115 123 113BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance is available from local agents
Many drivers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Cleveland that can provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Cleveland?
Two types of Cleveland auto insurance agents
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland that are able to give price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 739-0990 – View Map
- Dick McClement – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-3723 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you need to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with different regional companies which can save you money.
The following are independent agencies in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
Why you need quality insurance for your Ford vehicle
Even though Cleveland Fiesta insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects your Ford Fiesta and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so shop around at every renewal to save money.
Cover all your bases
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Ford Fiesta rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
People change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Ford Fiesta insurance in Cleveland
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Cleveland.
- Get an understanding of auto insurance and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Be sure to store the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)