Unbelievably, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Ohio can cut their rates by almost 55% a year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as your driving record and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you're comparing identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, OH
The providers in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. To get cheap car insurance in Cleveland, OH, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information below covers different rate quotes for Dodge Ram models. Learning more about how auto insurance prices are established is important for making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$142||$196||$256||$16||$76||$686||$57|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$160||$238||$256||$16||$76||$746||$62|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$180||$280||$256||$16||$76||$808||$67|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$180||$324||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$180||$324||$256||$16||$76||$852||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease coverage prices greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents increase Dodge Ram insurance premiums for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Ohio. The data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Ram book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing in excess of $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Affordable rates with discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but some need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Cleveland Homeowners Discount - Owning a home in Cleveland can save a few bucks because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Claim-free drivers get the best car insurance rates in comparison to drivers with a long claim history.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Student - This discount can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower car insurance rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your overall bill.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
To see insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
What Determines Dodge Ram Insurance Rates?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate car insurance rates. If you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The following are a few of the "ingredients" that factor into your rate level.
City traffic equals higher rates - Residing in a rural area has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Lower population means less chance of accidents. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
Liability risk factors - The liability coverage on your policy is the coverage that protects you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
More performance means more cost - The make and model of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these variables: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Dodge Ram policy rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
Decrease rates by maintaining coverage - Going without insurance is a quick way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Be proud to be claim-free - Auto insurance companies in Ohio award most affordable rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
Insure your auto and home with one company - Some insurance companies allow a discount to buyers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates. You may still be able to find better rates by buying from different companies
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my Dodge Ram qualify for pleasure use?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home because prices are sent directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
Different types of car insurance agents in Cleveland
If you would like to find a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Below are exclusive agencies in Cleveland that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd - Cleveland, OH 44109 - (216) 739-0990 - View Map
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 - Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 - (216) 791-1006 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 - Cleveland, OH 44120 - (216) 283-5570 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get insurance quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Joseph R Potts
12300 Lorain Ave - Cleveland, OH 44111 - (216) 251-7374 - View Map
- Marsh Insurance
200 Public Square #100 - Cleveland, OH 44114 - (216) 937-1700 - View Map
- Machor Sage Insurance Agency
7379 Pearl Rd # 5 - Cleveland, OH 44130 - (440) 826-0404 - View Map
Compare. Compare. Compare.
You just learned many ways to get a better price on Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Cleveland auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Low-cost Dodge Ram insurance in Cleveland is possible both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Cleveland auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)