Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Cleveland drivers could pocket nearly 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Cleveland. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. When you receive it, put the new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
Shopping around for the lowest-priced policy in Cleveland is easy to do. If you are already insured or just want cheaper rates, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. Shoppers just need to learn the most efficient way to compare rate quotes from multiple carriers.
Finding a better price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take the time comparing free Cleveland auto insurance quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. In order to find the best car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need Volt insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Ohio is overpaying more than $825 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
How Insurance Companies Determine Chevy Volt Insurance Rates
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
More stress means more cost – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Careers like judges, executives, and miners generally have higher average rates due to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like farmers, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
Responsible credit equals lower premiums – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Volt by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
Minor frequent claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Ohio generally give the lowest premiums to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Annual mileage and car insurance costs – The more you drive in a year the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Volt can cost quite a bit. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
Experienced drivers save more – Drivers with little experience have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a beginning driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
Your spouse saves you money – Getting married may cut your premiums on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
Gender impacts prices – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Vehicle features that lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Insurance loss probability for a Chevy Volt – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Auto insurance discounts are available to lower rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better auto insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Buy New and Save – Putting coverage on a new Volt can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on a single policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Cleveland can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy may enable drivers to earn slightly better rates than normal.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
To choose companies with the best Chevy Volt insurance discounts in Cleveland in Cleveland, click this link.
Insurance quotes from local Cleveland insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting local agencies is still important in Cleveland.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they function. Insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to compare prices from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Cleveland that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
- Rivera’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
3778 Pearl Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 661-7923 – View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agency Inc
10535 St Clair Ave – Cleveland, OH 44108 – (216) 761-1500 – View Map
- Phil Pavarini Insurance Agent * InsureCLE.com
2012 W 25th St #501 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 374-4500 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Ohio?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Best car insurance in Ohio
Selecting a good quality company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Ohio. The ranking information shown below could help you select which companies you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- State Farm
- Safeco Insurance
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
We just covered a lot of tips how to lower your Chevy Volt insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Lower-priced Chevy Volt insurance in Cleveland can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Cleveland auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers work with independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Veterans in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)