The preferred way to get discount car insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell auto insurance in Cleveland. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to comprehend car insurance and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates like distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives more details to help prevent costly coverage and find hidden discounts.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. Make sure you keep your new certificate of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Statistics show that over 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Many consumers in Ohio could cut their rates by about 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to reduce premiums using this information. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Cleveland is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. But Ohio vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to find better rates.
To get the cheapest Chevrolet Cavalier rate quotes, there a variety of ways to compare rate quotes from local Cleveland auto insurance companies. The best method to do a complete rate comparison consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rates online makes it obsolete to physically go to local Cleveland insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Chevy Cavalier insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the peace of mind only provided by licensed Cleveland agents. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates. Not every company provides online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates from them as well.
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Cleveland, OH. In order to find cheap car insurance in Cleveland, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chevy Cavalier in Cleveland, buying car insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Cavalier greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so shop around every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cheaper rates on Chevy Cavalier insurance in Cleveland with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Cavalier insurance in Cleveland.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course in defensive driving may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers has savings for multi-policy, student away at school, payment discounts, driver training, home ownership, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including newly married, good student, new move discount, new vehicle discount, and new graduate.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, early bird, accident-free, and air bags.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
When getting free Cleveland auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see companies that offer discounts in Ohio, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information gets sent to companies in Cleveland who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- When do they do policy reviews?
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agents in Cleveland are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive agents can only write with one company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland who can help you get comparison quotes.
Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and get the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Cleveland that are able to give price quote information.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
You can lower your auto insurance rates
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Chevy Cavalier insurance rates in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Cleveland auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Cleveland auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. Some small companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located in the articles below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Cleveland Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Cleveland, Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)