Sadly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. American insurance shoppers could save an average of $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they bought a different policy.
The recommended way to get low-cost Chevy Spark EV insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who provide car insurance in Cleveland. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about the different coverages in a policy and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Obtaining price quotes for the cheapest coverage in Cleveland is easy if you know what you’re doing. Practically everyone who shops around for auto insurance stands a good chance to get a lower-priced policy. Nevertheless, Ohio drivers need to learn the methods companies use to price insurance differently and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for competitive Chevy Spark EV insurance in Ohio
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. In order to find cheap car insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from Cleveland attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers are able to get reduced rates.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a course teaching driver safety skills can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Cleveland Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, defensive driver, good student
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for multi-policy, type of vehicle, good student, location of vehicle, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, good student, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, military active duty, air bags, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA may include discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland.
Car insurance can get complicated
When buying adequate coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Buying auto insurance from Cleveland insurance agencies
Certain consumers would rather go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Cleveland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to quote rates for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on a provider should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Find affordable auto insurance rates by comparing often
We just covered many ways to reduce Chevy Spark EV insurance premium rates online in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Cleveland car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable Chevy Spark EV insurance in Cleveland can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so get free Cleveland car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Postal Workers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)