It goes without saying that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop for lower rates are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who shopped around saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to those who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price on insurance in Cleveland is your objective, then learning a little about the best ways to shop for insurance coverage can help simplify the process.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Ohio.
- Try to learn a little about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and bad credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for the details to find cheap prices and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Shopping for the best-priced policy in Cleveland is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to buy cheaper car insurance and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to know the most effective way to compare insurance rates using one simple form.
What Impacts Chevy Sonic Insurance Prices?
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Employer can influence rates – Careers like military generals, police officers, and emergency personnel generally pay higher rates than average due to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Teenage drivers cost more – Teenage drivers in Ohio tend to be more careless when behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teen driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
Liability protection limits on your policy – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Performance makes a difference – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest base rates will generally be found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Better premiums for uninterrupted coverage – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Ohio motor vehicle department.
Insurance loss statistics a Chevy Sonic – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Sonic vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Chevy Sonic insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before they will apply.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, 55 and retired, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, newly married, and new graduate.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, accident-free, anti-theft, good student, good driver, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, air bags, paperless, company car, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has discounts for good student, membership and employees, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, federal employee, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, and anti-theft.
If you want cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Affordable car insurance premiums are out there
We covered a lot of ways to compare Chevy Sonic insurance prices in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Sonic insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When you buy Cleveland car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Cleveland can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional car insurance information can be read below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)