Are you trying to find more affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Cleveland? Locating the cheapest insurance for your Chevy Silverado 3500HD in Ohio could be an all-consuming task, but you can use our car insurance buying tips to save time. There is a better way to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to price shop coverage for your Chevy and find the lowest possible price from Cleveland insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best price on Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Cleveland a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of wrong information about Silverado 3500HD insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to lower your car insurance bill.
Best companies for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance
The car insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance coverage information
The premium table below covers different coverage costs for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are established can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$190||$392||$298||$18||$90||$988||$82|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$190||$392||$298||$18||$90||$988||$82|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$190||$342||$238||$14||$72||$856||$71|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$342||$238||$14||$72||$876||$73|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$238||$14||$72||$926||$77|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$210||$392||$238||$14||$72||$926||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents drive up Chevy Silverado 3500HD car insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Cost of full coverage
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The costs are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Save money with these six discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current Silverado 3500HD insurance policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Cleveland Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Cleveland may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The chart below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts may not apply in Cleveland. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Ohio, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Silverado 3500HD to commute?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my Chevy Silverado 3500HD covered for flood damage?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Cleveland insurance agencies and car insurance
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How many years have they been established?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Listed below are agents in Cleveland willing to provide rate quotes for Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Cleveland.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
- Phil Pavarini Insurance Agent * InsureCLE.com
2012 W 25th St #501 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 374-4500 – View Map
- Evarts Tremaine
1111 Superior Ave #420 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-7183 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance company that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just understand that policyholders can cancel a policy when you choose so don’t feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company for any length of time.
Car insurance coverages for a Chevy Silverado 3500HD
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Silverado 3500HD caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Silverado 3500HD to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Silverado 3500HD.
Due to the fact that many Ohio drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as structural damage, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Ohio requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why buying the state minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, surgery and ambulance fees. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
As you quote Cleveland auto insurance, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where someone dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance premium rates in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company.
Steps to buying lower priced Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Cleveland
It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Try to understand how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information can be read at these links:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Good Students in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)