The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Chevy Equinox insurance in Cleveland is to regularly compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- First, get an understanding of how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a poor credit score can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more information to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Cleveland could save roughly $730 every year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding affordable coverage in Cleveland is not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these tips. You just need to understand the fastest way to compare company rates using one simple form.
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Equinox insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Best reasons to buy insurance in Ohio
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, almost all lenders will force you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Chevy Equinox and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Rates and statistics
The premium information below highlights a range of policy rates for Chevy Equinox models. Being aware of how prices are formulated can assist in making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Equinox LS AWD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Equinox LT AWD||$188||$398||$296||$18||$88||$988||$82|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$212||$470||$296||$18||$88||$1,084||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in Cleveland location which can alter rates considerably.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Chevy Equinox yearly insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Equinox insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to study their driving habits by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Equinox insurance in Cleveland.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger auto insurance companies have a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from Cleveland attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Equinox auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area. To find insurers who offer discounts in Ohio, click here.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent. Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
After completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How many years have they been established?
Best auto insurance agent in Cleveland
When researching a local Cleveland insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quote information.
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
- State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Cleveland that can give you rate quotes.
- Evarts Tremaine
1111 Superior Ave #420 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-7183 – View Map
- Select Insurance Services Agency, Inc.
12608 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44133 – (440) 237-8555 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Hec Wyatt Hixson
15705 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 941-4400 – View Map
You are unique and your auto insurance should be too
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is pet coverage available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Low-cost Chevy Equinox insurance in Cleveland is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)