Do you want to learn to get the cheapest Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Cleveland? Paying cheap coverage rates for Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Cleveland can seem to be kind of frustrating for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. You have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily become a ton of work to compare prices in Ohio on Chevy Bolt EV insurance.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably switch to a new company because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Cleveland is why you’re here, then having a good understanding how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons at least once a year since prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Cleveland a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Bolt EV insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn a lot of great tips on how to reduce your insurance bill.
When comparison shopping, more quotes helps you find a lower rate. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s important to also get price estimates from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Ohio. To locate the best car insurance in OH, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain credits will be shown when you purchase, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Good Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Chevrolet Bolt EV insurance rates in Cleveland.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- American Family includes discounts for accident-free, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, air bags, TimeAway discount, and Steer into Savings.
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple policy, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, and good driver.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, teen driver, 55 and older, early bird, anti-lock brakes, good student, and driver training.
- Travelers may include discounts for multi-policy, student away at school, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and driver training.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, air bags, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
Insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt EV insurance, insuring your vehicle is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Bolt EV, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Cleveland auto insurance agents
Some people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is important especially in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Cleveland who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Cleveland for you
If you want to use a local Cleveland insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Car insurance agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent agencies are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Washington and Co Insurance Agency Inc
10535 St Clair Ave – Cleveland, OH 44108 – (216) 761-1500 – View Map
- Zito Insurance Inc
1249 Smith Ct – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 333-6020 – View Map
- Insurance Consultants Agency
23980 Chagrin Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 766-6300 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
- Garrett C Estes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4219 W 210th St – Fairview Park, OH 44126 – (440) 331-3111 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Cleveland?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?