The most effective way to find affordable quotes for Chevy Blazer insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies who provide auto insurance in Cleveland. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn about auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to help keep prices low and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
It’s astonishing, but the majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American consumers can cut their rates by $850 a year just by comparing rates, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on the web.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Chevrolet Blazer insurance.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Cleveland auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Cleveland Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Cleveland may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, anti-theft, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, multi-policy, good student, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, early bird, defensive driver, driver training, good student, and automatic seat belts.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Cleveland. To view companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Ohio, click here.
It’s important to know that comparing more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price. Some companies don’t provide Cleveland Blazer insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Ohio. To buy cheap auto insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
What if I want to buy from local Cleveland car insurance agents?
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Cleveland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Cleveland who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you want a reputable agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Cleveland may be either exclusive or independent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that may be able to give free auto insurance quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below are Cleveland exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cleveland?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
Ratings for Ohio car insurance companies
Finding the best car insurance provider is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Cleveland. The information in the next section could help you choose which auto insurers to look at comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- AAA Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- 21st Century
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 92%
- Erie Insurance – 88%
- American Family – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Nationwide – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- AAA Insurance – 87%
- Liberty Mutual – 87%
- Farmers Insurance – 87%
- The Hartford – 87%
Shop smart and save
You just learned a lot of ways to lower your Chevy Blazer insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cleveland auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More affordable auto insurance in Cleveland can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide price quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for State Employees in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)