Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Cleveland could pocket up to $730 a year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance in Cleveland is to start comparing rates regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Ohio. This can be done by following these steps.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Cleveland insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Shelby GT350 insurance. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Quoting and buying the most affordable protection in Cleveland is not as time-consuming as you think. If you have a policy now or just want cheaper rates, use these tips to find better prices without reducing coverage. Shoppers only need to know the proper methods to compare rates instantly.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Ohio
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Cleveland attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, safe vehicle, good driver, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-theft, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for business and professional, mature driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, pay in full, multi-car, and early shopping.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
- USAA offers discounts including defensive driver, loyalty savings, safe driver, new vehicle, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Cleveland. To find companies with the best Ford Shelby GT350 insurance discounts in Cleveland, click here to view.
When in doubt talk to an agent
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Local Cleveland auto insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is still important in Cleveland.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Cleveland that provide free Cleveland car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
What type of Cleveland auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you need to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Cleveland may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business through many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always include a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
The following are Cleveland independent insurance agents that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
- AandA Action Auto Insurance Agency
3421 Prospect Ave E – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 361-8988 – View Map
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
- Bass Ohio Insurance Agency LLC
815 Superior Avenue E, Suite 1412 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (440) 862-0352 – View Map
These agents are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are Cleveland exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
- Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
- Jinisha Patel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4342 Ridge Rd – Brooklyn, OH 44144 – (216) 741-6100 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Ohio?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
You just read some good ideas how to lower your Ford Shelby GT350 insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found in the articles below: