It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved about $72 a month compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your ultimate goal, then knowing how to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Cleveland is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Ohio.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for additional tips to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. The purpose of this article is to teach you a little about the best ways to compare prices and how you can save the most money. Smart buyers just have to use the best way to shop for auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Best companies for cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Ohio. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Get discounts on Cleveland car insurance
Some providers don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Cleveland Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Cleveland can get you a discount because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower car insurance rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for signing up on the internet.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, multi-policy, type of vehicle, location of vehicle, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, good student, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and business or organization.
- GEICO may offer discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
If you want affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes, ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. For a list of insurers who offer cheap Fiat 124 Spider insurance quotes in Ohio, click here.
The Fiat 124 Spider Insurance Rate Equation
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the factors that aid in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Having just one chargeable violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Good drivers receive lower rates compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but males have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated 124 Spider may be costing you higher rates.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Fiat 124 Spider by improving your rating.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Policies have additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Are auto insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people still like to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes for your business. There is no need to drive around because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are claims handled?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Cleveland for you
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents that you can select. Insurance agencies in Cleveland are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both write auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland that are able to give price quotes.
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave – Cleveland, OH 44135 – (216) 362-6526 – View Map
- Wendy Narad Agency – Farmers Insurance
24800 Chagrin Blvd #100 – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 292-3803 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Cleveland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Phil Pavarini Insurance Agent * InsureCLE.com
2012 W 25th St #501 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 374-4500 – View Map
- The Brooks and Stafford Company
55 Public Square #1650 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 696-3000 – View Map
- Marsh Insurance
200 Public Square #100 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 937-1700 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Cleveland can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, so you need to shop Cleveland auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Fiat 124 Spider rate quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a small mutual company.
For more information, link through to these articles:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)