The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for Audi S5 insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Cleveland. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to look at as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent car insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Many consumers in America could save themselves 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they won’t spend time to compare rates online.
Best companies for cheap Audi S5 insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Ohio. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance analysis for an Audi S5
The premium information displayed next covers estimates of insurance rates for Audi S5 models. Being aware of how insurance prices are determined is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$270||$218||$12||$66||$684||$57|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$270||$218||$12||$66||$684||$57|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$118||$242||$218||$12||$66||$656||$55|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$298||$218||$12||$66||$712||$59|
|S5 4.2 Quattro 2-Dr Coupe||$118||$298||$218||$12||$66||$712||$59|
|S5 3.0 Quattro 2-Dr Convertible||$128||$270||$218||$12||$66||$694||$58|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Cleveland location which can affect price quotes substantially.
Liability only or full coverage
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi S5 annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving citations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Audi S5 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some conditions where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Audi S5 Insurance
Lots of factors are part of the equation when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
- Cheaper premiums for prior coverage – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Marriage equates to better prices – Getting married can get you a discount when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- High credit scores equal low premiums – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Audi S5 by improving your credit score. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
Driving citations will cost you – Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions impact Audi S5 annual premium costs for each different age category. The costs are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Teenagers are high risk – Older people are more cautious drivers, are lower risk to insure, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart uses these variables: married male driver age 50, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Audi S5 rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Audi S5 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance loss data for an Audi S5 – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher loss trends will have increased rates.
The next table shows the actual insurance loss data for Audi S5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Audi S5 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi S5 2dr 4WD 197 85 161 68 Audi S5 Convertible 4WD 162 62 124BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance policy discounts for Audi S5 insurance in Cleveland
Auto insurance companies do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Audi may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Cleveland auto insurance quote.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used S5 can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount should definitely cut your policy premium.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi S5 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
To locate insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Cleveland, follow this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Cleveland.
By using this short form, the quote information gets sent to insurance agents in Cleveland that give free quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
What type of Cleveland auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they function. Insurance policy providers are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types of agents can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they differ because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Cleveland who can help you get free rate quotes.
- Coventry Insurance Agency
230 W Huron Rd – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 307-3611 – View Map
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 531-5555 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Hec Wyatt Hixson
15705 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 941-4400 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to use the same agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
- Wendy Narad Agency – Farmers Insurance
24800 Chagrin Blvd #100 – Cleveland, OH 44122 – (216) 292-3803 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nanci Cieckiewicz
4719 State Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 739-0990 – View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Cleveland should have no problem answering these questions:
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
Ohio auto insurance companies
Finding the top insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Cleveland. The company rank data below can help you choose which auto insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
How to know if you need help
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to shop for Audi S5 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Audi S5 rate quotes. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund and even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Car Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)