We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who compare price quotes are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved an average of $850 each year compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to find companies and compare coverage rates can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Really, the only way to save money on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers who sell insurance in Cleveland. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Read and learn about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations and a bad credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover information to prevent high prices and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, car insurance is mandatory in Ohio but it also protects more than you think.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Grand Vitara has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Suzuki at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
The premium information displayed next showcases a range of insurance prices for Suzuki Grand Vitara models. Having a good grasp of how insurance policy premiums are determined can assist in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Vitara 2WD||$226||$296||$298||$18||$88||$926||$77|
|Grand Vitara Premium 2WD||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Grand Vitara Premium 4WD||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Grand Vitara Limited 2WD||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Grand Vitara Special Edition 4WD||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Grand Vitara XSport 2WD||$226||$348||$298||$18||$88||$978||$82|
|Grand Vitara Limited 4WD||$252||$348||$298||$18||$88||$1,004||$84|
|Grand Vitara XSport 4WD||$252||$348||$298||$18||$88||$1,004||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence rates noticeably.
Take policy discounts and save on Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance in Cleveland
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies will give a small break get Cleveland car insurance on their website.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower premium rates.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will definitely lower the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Suzuki Grand Vitara annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not apply in Cleveland. To find insurance companies who offer online Suzuki Grand Vitara insurance quotes in Ohio, click this link.
Insurance can get complicated
Always remember that when buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.