Sadly, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in Ohio could save an average of up to 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it’s too hard to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get affordable Scion iQ insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Ohio.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on iQ insurance in Cleveland. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
Companies offering Scion iQ insurance in Ohio
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Ohio, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current iQ insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Low Mileage – Driving less could earn lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow companies to monitor where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Waiver for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts in Cleveland, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would rather sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Cleveland who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Cleveland?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agents in Cleveland are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Cleveland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave – Cleveland, OH 44135 – (216) 362-6526 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Wrobel
17016 Lorain Ave – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 812-5413 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Cleveland independent agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Lighthouse Insurance
3167 Fulton Rd # 306 – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 781-8888 – View Map
- Oswald Wealth
1100 Superior Ave Suite 1345 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 367-8787 – View Map
- Marsh Insurance
200 Public Square #100 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 937-1700 – View Map
Shop smart and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount Scion iQ insurance in Cleveland is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Cleveland agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Scion iQ insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Cleveland car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Much more information about car insurance in Ohio is located at these links:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 16 Year Olds in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)