The recommended way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Ohio.
- First, learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as multiple speeding tickets and bad credit can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who shop rates annually will probably buy a new policy because there is a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Cleveland is why you’re here, then having some insight into the best way to compare coverages can make shopping around easier.
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps locate a better price. Some smaller insurers do not give Cleveland Ram 2500 insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Cleveland, OH. If you want to find cheaper car insurance in OH, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Ram 2500 coverage analysis
The coverage table shown below showcases estimates of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Knowing how insurance policy rates are formulated is important for drivers to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$190||$408||$290||$18||$86||$992||$83|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$190||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,052||$88|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$190||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,052||$88|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,052||$88|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$190||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,052||$88|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,052||$88|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$212||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,074||$90|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$212||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,074||$90|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$530||$290||$18||$86||$1,136||$95|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$212||$530||$290||$18||$86||$1,136||$95|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$212||$408||$290||$18||$86||$1,014||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$232||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$232||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$232||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$232||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,094||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The data is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Yearly car insurance costs for men versus women
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Ohio minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no exact rule to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram 2500 replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance is not optional in Ohio
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Cleveland, insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Dodge Ram 2500, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your Dodge and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Ram 2500 are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Ohio overpays more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Their Insurance Prices
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Single drivers take more risk – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Only having one chargeable violation can increase rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. People who have careless tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can impact Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for each age group. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
High claims frequency drives up premiums – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Ohio provide discounts to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Save money by having responsible credit – Your credit score is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Dodge Ram 2500 if you improve your credit rating. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with bad credit.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance company ratings
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated insurance company is difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Ohio. The company ratings below can help you decide which insurers to look at putting your business with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
What is YOUR best insurance company?
More affordable insurance in Cleveland is definitely available online and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
When you buy Cleveland auto insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)