We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower-cost company. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your target objective, knowing how to find companies and compare auto insurance can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Cleveland. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like careless driving and a bad credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This provides a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
If you are insured now, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. This information will teach you a little about how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings Although Ohio consumers must know how companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Dodge Magnum insurance in Cleveland
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very well, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Cleveland car insurance online.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when getting a Cleveland car insurance quote.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total Magnum insurance premium.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Dodge can qualify you for slightly better insurance rates than normal.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a safe driver class could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Telematics Discount – Cleveland drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will definitely reduce the premium cost.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Cleveland, click this link.
When shopping for Dodge Magnum insurance in Cleveland there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best price.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cleveland Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better car insurance rates.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Your address can influence prices – Living in areas with lower population has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents.
- Youthful drivers pay more – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Young drivers are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than those that get driven frequently. An incorrectly rated Magnum may be costing you. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data.
- Theft deterrents save – Buying a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart vehicle theft.
How much car insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Should I talk to a local insurance agent?
Many people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Cleveland.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Cleveland car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching local Cleveland agents, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
These type of agents are not limited to a single company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Cleveland who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- A Better Insurance Services
20660 Aurora Rd – Cleveland, OH 44146 – (216) 475-6800 – View Map
- Anthony Insurance
508 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 531-5555 – View Map
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
Agents of this type write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents willing to provide rate quotes.
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
- Franklin Myles – State Farm Insurance Agent
3970 Mayfield Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44121 – (216) 291-9892 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave – Cleveland, OH 44135 – (216) 362-6526 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
Protect more than your Magnum
Even though Cleveland Magnum insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Magnum with a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Dodge for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Dodge Magnum. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Cleveland is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Smart consumers save more
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest Dodge Magnum insurance in Cleveland can be found both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal and even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is actually quite simple.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Car Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for 19 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)