A study showed that a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Ohio consumers could save nearly $700 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the amount of money they would save if they changed companies.
The easiest way to find discount BMW 535i insurance in Cleveland is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
First, learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic citations, accidents, and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to prevent rate hikes and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on 535i insurance in Cleveland. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Get affordable BMW 535i insurance in Cleveland with discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a defensive driver class may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance companies have a lower rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of BMW 535i insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, air bags, federal employee, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including senior citizen, anti-theft, defensive driver, good payer, multi-policy, resident student, and safe driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you are trying to find affordable BMW 535i insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts may not be offered in every state. To choose companies with the best discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Just remember that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Some companies don’t provide Cleveland 535i insurance quotes online, so it’s important to also get price estimates from them as well.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Cleveland, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The rate table displayed next highlights different rate quotes for BMW 535i models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are figured can be valuable when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|535I 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$366||$298||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|535I xDrive Station Wagon||$226||$366||$298||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|535I GT 4-Dr Sedan||$226||$366||$298||$18||$88||$996||$83|
|535I xDrive 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$366||$298||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact BMW 535i insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The diagram below shows the difference between BMW 535i auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The example below visualizes the comparison of BMW 535i car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact formula for excluding full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your BMW 535i replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing you more than $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
Always remember that when buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Will my BMW 535i be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Ohio minimum liability coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Cleveland insurance agencies?
Some consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best provider shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Cleveland?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How long has the business existed?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Ohio?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Cleveland car insurance agents come in two flavors
When finding a good Cleveland insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Cleveland agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below are Cleveland exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
- Jinisha Patel – State Farm Insurance Agent
4342 Ridge Rd – Brooklyn, OH 44144 – (216) 741-6100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Teresa C. Paez
15105 Puritas Ave – Cleveland, OH 44135 – (216) 362-6526 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quote information.
- Rivera’s Insurance Agency, Inc.
3778 Pearl Rd – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 661-7923 – View Map
- Lighthouse Insurance
3167 Fulton Rd # 306 – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 781-8888 – View Map
- Brown Brown Insurance Services
3691 Lee Rd #210 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 751-2713 – View Map
More quotes mean more insurance savings
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Budget-conscious BMW 535i insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 50 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Civic in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)