It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around annually will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A recent survey revealed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is your target objective, then knowing how to compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get budget Acura TLX insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurance carriers in Cleveland. You can compare rates by following these steps.
Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in Ohio. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Ohio, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Acura TLX insurance in Cleveland with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Cleveland auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you inexpensive Acura TLX insurance in Cleveland.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on TLX insurance in Cleveland.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Claim Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, daytime running lights, driver training, good student, and military active duty.
- Travelers may include discounts for new car, driver training, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, student away at school, and home ownership.
- Nationwide has savings for easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include homeowner, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, good student, teen driver, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Esurance offers discounts for Switch & Save, anti-theft, claim free, paid-in-full, good driver, and safety device.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and student away at school.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for good student, good driver, professional/association, multi-car, accident-free, ease of repair, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
When to have guidance from an agent
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and that is just fine! Most agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to compare prices for a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Cleveland should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is coverage determined by price?
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying a policy, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Can I insure my car for more than it’s worth?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Acura TLX Insurance
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates will generally be found on small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Use but don’t abuse your insurance – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Ohio provide the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Save money with higher coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Acura from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles tell how much you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Driving citations will cost you – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who get serious tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Acura TLX claim data – Car insurance companies use historical loss data to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Acura TLX vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in Ohio serves several purposes
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, insurance is required in Ohio but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Acura has a lienholder, almost every bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Acura for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Compare but don’t skimp
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to compare Acura TLX insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Cleveland auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
As you quote Cleveland auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service, being labeled a high risk driver or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easier than you think.
More tips and info about insurance can be read at these sites:
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a GMC Sierra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)