Shocking but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Cleveland could save almost 55% a year by just shopping around, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Really, the only way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Cleveland. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Be sure to keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Companies offering Cadillac SRX insurance in Cleveland
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Ohio. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage table shown below outlines detailed analysis of rate quotes for Cadillac SRX models. Having insight into how rate quotes are figured helps drivers make decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|SRX Luxury 2WD||$200||$440||$234||$14||$70||$958||$80|
|SRX Luxury AWD||$200||$440||$234||$14||$70||$958||$80|
|SRX Performance 2WD||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|SRX Performance AWD||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|SRX Premium 2WD||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|SRX Premium AWD||$224||$440||$234||$14||$70||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in Cleveland location which can decrease or increase coverage rates greatly.
Determine discounts on Cleveland insurance
Companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may reduce rates when you quote Cleveland car insurance with certain companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better insurance rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheap SRX insurance.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Cleveland and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for insurance.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac SRX car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To locate insurance companies with significant discounts in Ohio, click this link.
Compare rates but buy from a local Cleveland insurance agency
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agents is important especially in Cleveland.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on a insurer shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
Don’t give up on cheap coverage
The cheapest Cadillac SRX insurance in Cleveland can be bought on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just read a lot of techniques to lower your Cadillac SRX insurance prices in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)