How long has it been since you compared quotes for more competitive Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland? Consumers who are new to the process of buying insurance online might discover sourcing the cheapest Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland is nearly impossible.
Steps to quoting cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland
It takes a little time, but the best way to find better pricing on Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Ohio. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Try to understand how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year will probably buy a new policy because of the good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the best price on insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate goal, learning the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help you be more efficient.
Informed Drivers Save Money
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are some of the most common factors that factor into rates.
- Low coverage deductibles mean high rates – Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Is auto insurance cheaper for women or men? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower cost passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below is based on a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jaguar XK policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance risks.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Stressful employer may mean higher premiums – Occupations like judges, business owners, and emergency personnel have the highest rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like professors, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- How credit history affects insurance prices – Having a bad credit score factor in determining your rates. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Jaguar XK by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Insurance losses for a Jaguar XK – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have higher losses will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the loss history for Jaguar XK vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles compiled together is set at 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Jaguar XK Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jaguar XK 2dr 167 Jaguar XK Convertible 119BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting Jaguar XK insurance prices online is quite simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. When complete, the company’s rating system requests credit information and your driving record and gives you a price quote.
The ability to get online rate quotes for Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you’re receiving a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Cleveland, OH. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Jaguar XK insurance coverage information
The table shown below highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Jaguar XK models. Being aware of how auto insurance prices are determined is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$620||$186||$10||$56||$1,122||$94|
|XK 2-Dr Coupe||$250||$620||$186||$10||$56||$1,122||$94|
|XK Portfolio 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$566||$218||$12||$66||$1,132||$94|
|XK 2-Dr Convertible||$270||$566||$218||$12||$66||$1,132||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase premiums considerably.
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can change Jaguar XK annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below compares Jaguar XK auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Ohio minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no set guideline for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XK settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Cleveland, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects not only your Jaguar but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $825 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with a few insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The example below shows the comparison of Jaguar XK insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of insurers that offer some of these discounts in Cleveland, click here.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Cleveland.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you want to buy insurance from a local Cleveland insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Cleveland are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Featured below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that can possibly get you rate quotes.
- Mraz Insurance Agency
20180 Center Ridge Rd – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 356-2055 – View Map
- Phil Pavarini Insurance Agent * InsureCLE.com
2012 W 25th St #501 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 374-4500 – View Map
- Furlong and Co Insurance Agency Inc
569 E 185th St – Cleveland, OH 44119 – (216) 486-4170 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
The following are Cleveland exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Betsy Warner
2491 Lee Blvd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 932-6900 – View Map
- Robin Gorman – State Farm Insurance Agent
16812 Chagrin Blvd – Shaker Heights, OH 44120 – (216) 283-0080 – View Map
- Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- How long has their agency been open in Cleveland?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to these questions and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to properly service your insurance policy.
Ohio car insurance companies
Selecting the right auto insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies provide coverage in Cleveland. The company information listed below could help you choose which providers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Find affordable car insurance rates by comparing often
We just presented many tips how you can shop for Jaguar XK insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Cheaper Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland is possible online and with local Cleveland insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
How to find discount Jaguar XK insurance in Cleveland
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for Jaguar XK insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies in Cleveland.
First, read about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price like traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new coverage. Once received, store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar coverage information on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Cleveland, Ohio? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Cleveland Auto Insurance for High School Students? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 25 in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)