Shockingly, nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers can cut their rates by almost 47% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Chevy Trax insurance in Cleveland is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Ohio.
First, learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and your credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Trax insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to compare all possible companies. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
If you have a current insurance policy or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Quoting and buying the best insurance coverage in Cleveland is not as difficult as people think. Vehicle owners just need to use the most efficient way to compare rates over the internet.
Best Chevy Trax insurance price quotes in Ohio
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Ohio. To get the best car insurance in OH, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable Chevy Trax insurance in Cleveland with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Paper-free Discount – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for completing your application on the web.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Government Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course teaching safe driver skills could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include 55 and older, automatic seat belts, homeowners, teen driver, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has savings for good student, student away at school, driver’s education, passive restraint, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, and AAA membership discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for multi-policy, new move discount, preferred payment discount, newly retired, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and safety features.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, good student, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Cleveland, click here.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are less apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Extra coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships are examples of these. You may think they are a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The more you drive your Chevy in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Trax may be costing you. Make sure your policy is rated on the correct driver usage.
Save by driving cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy has at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
No coverage gaps is important – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Save money by having multiple policies – Most major insurers apply lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Marriage discount – Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, hail damage, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Claims statistics for a Chevy Trax – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Trax vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 2WD||79|
|Chevrolet Trax 4dr 4WD||81|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When it comes to buying coverage online or from an agent, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is my Chevy Trax covered for smoke damage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Trax to commute?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Cleveland who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Cleveland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- If they are an independent agency in Cleveland, which companies do they recommend?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you want to use an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Cleveland can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out how they are different because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Cleveland who can help you get rate quotes.
- Dick McClement – State Farm Insurance Agent
2700 W 25th St – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 621-3723 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Earl Soroka
1621 Euclid Ave #408 – Cleveland, OH 44115 – (216) 452-0885 – View Map
- Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from a few independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Cleveland that can give you price quote information.
- Tower Insurance
15887 Snow Rd – Brook Park, OH 44142 – (216) 267-4466 – View Map
- Washington and Co Insurance Agcy
2565 Noble Rd – Cleveland, OH 44121 – (216) 691-9227 – View Map
- Zito Insurance Inc
1249 Smith Ct – Cleveland, OH 44116 – (440) 333-6020 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Cleveland?
Selecting the top auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Cleveland. The company ratings below can help you decide which companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
A conclusion for your insurance search
Budget-friendly insurance in Cleveland can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these small, regional companies sell through local independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to lower your Chevy Trax insurance car insurance rates in Cleveland. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Cleveland auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)