It’s an obvious statement that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who shop around will most likely switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A study discovered that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to policyholders who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Cleveland is your ultimate target, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
The best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Spark insurance in Cleveland is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Ohio. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find hidden discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for the new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to use identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Locating the best rates in Cleveland is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Although Ohio vehicle owners must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Chevy Spark insurance in Cleveland
The providers in the list below provide price comparisons in Cleveland, OH. To locate the cheapest car insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Chevy Spark insurance rates in Cleveland
Some providers do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Save with a New Car – Buying insurance on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since newer models are generally safer.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings as much as 30%.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the amount you pay for coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and online signing.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, air bags, daytime running lights, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, multiple policy, good student, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Esurance may have discounts that include homeowner, paid-in-full, good student, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, and defensive driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and bundle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
Informed Drivers Can Save Money
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower premium levels. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- You may save more by consolidating policies – Most insurance companies allow a discount to people that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten percent or more. If you currently are using one company, you still need to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.There is a good possibility that you can save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Rural areas have lower rates – Residing in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Ohio cities have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, collision with an animal, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Ohio DMV.
- Minor frequent policy claims are not good – Car insurance companies in Ohio give discounts to people who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Premiums are high for teenagers – Teenage drivers in Ohio are statistically proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Cheaper rates with safer cars – Safer cars get lower rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in Cleveland who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Cleveland should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Cleveland?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to find local Cleveland agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Cleveland can either be independent or exclusive.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. These agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Cleveland exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can write business through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent agents in Cleveland that can give you comparison quotes.
Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
Be persistent to save money
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can reduce Chevy Spark insurance rates online in Cleveland. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Cleveland car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.