Sad but true, over 70% of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Ohio could save nearly 55% each year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they moved their coverage to a different company.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable Acura TL insurance in Cleveland is to start comparing prices regularly from providers who provide auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and your credit history can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover tips to get affordable coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One thing to point out is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
The intent of this article is to teach you the most effective ways to compare rates and how to save the most money. If you are insured now, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using the techniques covered below. You only have to learn the best way to compare company rates over the internet.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons for Acura TL insurance in Cleveland is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give you rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like if the vehicle is leased, whether you are married, the type of vehicles you drive, and how much school you completed. That information is then submitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To get price quotes for your car now, click here and complete the form.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Ohio. To find cheap auto insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Cleveland, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Ohio these limits are 25/50/25 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Acura at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Acura TL and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Ohio overpays as much as $820 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Statistics and details
The rate information displayed next showcases estimates of insurance rates for Acura TL models. Learning as much as possible about how auto insurance policy rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$170||$342||$256||$16||$76||$860||$72|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$170||$342||$256||$16||$76||$860||$72|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$170||$392||$256||$16||$76||$910||$76|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Ohio minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in garaging location in Cleveland which can influence coverage prices greatly.
The information below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Acura TL insurance costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Safe drivers Cleveland pay cheaper rates
The example below shows how violations and accidents can influence Acura TL insurance costs for each different age category. The data assumes a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance rates by age and gender in Cleveland
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage or liability only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura TL auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Ohio. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no exact formula for dropping full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Acura TL settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying over $200 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents get the best auto insurance rates when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than less cautious drivers.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Professional Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura TL insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Ohio state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in Cleveland. For a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in Cleveland, follow this link.
Don’t I need to contact a local insurance agent?
Some consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Supporting local agents is especially important in Cleveland.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to companies in Cleveland who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Multiple types of auto insurance agents in Cleveland
When narrowing the list to find a good Cleveland insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Cleveland can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can do a good job, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Cleveland that may be able to give rate quotes.
Insurance Agency Compass
4879 Turney Rd – Cleveland, OH 44125 – (216) 341-2444 – View Map
3167 Fulton Rd # 306 – Cleveland, OH 44109 – (216) 781-8888 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Cleveland exclusive agencies who can help you get price quotes.
Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
When shopping online for insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to get a better price on Acura TL insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Cleveland auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Car Insurance for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)