It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. People who shop around once a year will presumably move their business because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. Remarkably, a study showed that consumers who regularly compared rates saved on average $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for insurance rates can save time, money, and frustration.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Land Rover LR3 insurance in Cleveland is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies in Ohio.
- Step 1: Learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. This article gives instructions to find cheap prices and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Cleveland. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Auto insurance providers offering cheap rates in Ohio
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Ohio. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Cleveland, OH, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance quotes and discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents get the best auto insurance rates as compared to bad drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Telematics Discount – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on LR3 insurance in Cleveland.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, air bags, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good driver, and early bird.
- AAA offers premium reductions for anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, and anti-theft.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include professional/association, low natural disaster claims, accident-free, type of vehicle, ease of repair, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for distant student, teen driver, alternative fuel, switch companies, good student, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. To choose providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Cleveland, follow this link.
Cleveland Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many different elements are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Car features can affect premiums – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Better premiums on safer vehicles – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If your Land Rover LR3 is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Your gender affects rates – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Only buy add-on coverages you need – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do you save by driving less? – The higher the miles on your Land Rover in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. An improperly rated LR3 can cost quite a bit. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance policy reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Compare rates if you combine your policies – Most larger insurers will award lower prices to people that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Your location is a factor – Having an address in a rural area may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. More time commuting translates into higher accident risk.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Cleveland insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Most agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Cleveland agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can write auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland that can give you comparison quotes.
- Justin Ragor – State Farm Insurance Agent
3878 Rocky River Dr Ste 4 – Cleveland, OH 44111 – (216) 251-5300 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eslick Insurance and Financial Services
2775 S Moreland Blvd Ste 203 – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 283-5570 – View Map
- Robert Jones – State Farm Insurance Agent
12405 Larchmere Blvd – Cleveland, OH 44120 – (216) 229-3276 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Cleveland who can help you get price quote information.
- Independent Insurance Agency of Ohio
2310 Superior Ave #215 – Cleveland, OH 44114 – (216) 472-8000 – View Map
- The Brooks and Stafford Company
55 Public Square #1650 – Cleveland, OH 44113 – (216) 696-3000 – View Map
- A Better Insurance Services
20660 Aurora Rd – Cleveland, OH 44146 – (216) 475-6800 – View Map
One last note
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to find cheaper Land Rover LR3 insurance in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Dodge Ram in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)