If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find affordable auto insurance rates in Cleveland is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Ohio. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and a negative credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and find overlooked discounts.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Find a Cleveland insurance agent
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper CR-Z coverage is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once received, keep the new certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Companies offering Honda CR-Z insurance in Ohio
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Cleveland, OH. To locate cheap car insurance in Ohio, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Earn discounts on Cleveland car insurance
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Drive Less and Save – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get slightly better prices than normal.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Cleveland may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student Discount – College-age children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- American Family includes discounts for air bags, mySafetyValet, good driver, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- GEICO discounts include military active duty, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, good student, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including student driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, and early bird.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
When getting free Cleveland car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in every state. To view insurance companies with the best discounts in Ohio, click here.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Good drivers pay less – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to those with violations. People who have flagrant citations such as reckless driving or DUI may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Car insurance liability limits – Liability coverage will protect you when a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Careers like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the other hand, occupations such as actors, athletes and performers have lower than average premiums.
- Cut auto insurance rates and deter theft – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft.
Insurance losses for a Honda CR-Z – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to calculate a price that offsets possible losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The next table shows the loss history for Honda CR-Z vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Honda CR-Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda CR-Z Hybrid 106 87 83 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your insurance should unique, too.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people just want to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents in Cleveland who will give you bids for your coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Cleveland can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you need to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Cleveland that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Cleveland willing to provide price quotes.
State Farm: Stan Harris
12429 Cedar Road, Suite 26 – Cleveland Heights, OH 44106 – (216) 791-1006 – View Map
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
One last note
We covered a lot of techniques to save on Honda CR-Z insurance in Cleveland. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Cleveland car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you quote Cleveland car insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed auto insurance information is available at these sites:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford Escape in Cleveland? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Cleveland Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)