Pretty sure you bought an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Unfortunately, a large majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Many consumers in the U.S. could pocket about $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they switch to a new company.
Since you have so many insurance companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Buick Rainier in Cleveland, it can be impossible to find the best car insurance provider.
Companies offering cheap Buick Rainier prices in Cleveland, OH
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Ohio. If you want cheap car insurance in Ohio, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Save a ton by taking advantage of these five discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Rainier can get you a discount because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Cleveland attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that possibly offer many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Cleveland.
When to get professional advice
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Buick Rainier?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Cleveland.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Agents in Cleveland are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Cleveland that may be able to give pricing information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following are Cleveland exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Anita Tyler – State Farm Insurance Agent
2168 S Taylor Rd – Cleveland Heights, OH 44118 – (216) 371-5900 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Cleveland auto insurance companies
Choosing the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Cleveland. The company information below could help you analyze which insurers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Cleveland Car Insurance Companies Overall
- 21st Century
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- American Family
What insurance coverages do you need?
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Rainier caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Rainier to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Buick Rainier.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, dental work, doctor visits and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, legal defense fees and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford. Ohio requires drivers to carry at least 25/50/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Shop around and save
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Buick Rainier insurance premium rates online in Cleveland. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Buick Rainier insurance in Cleveland
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Buick Rainier insurance in Cleveland is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Ohio.
- Try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that drive up the price like careless driving and a negative credit score can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Cleveland. If you can save money and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every company you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Cleveland Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Cleveland Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)